Monday, October 15, 2012

Pink Flower Pillow Case


This DIY pillow case was so fun and easy to make!

I bought a throw blanket at Ross for $5.99 and used part on one side for a SOFT pillow for my granddaughter, Maggie. The BACK was made from an old pillow case I had that had the eyelet trim where I put the pink ribbon bow.

HOW TO:

1. Cut varying size circles of the "flower" fabric then layer them on top of each other

2. You can sew a small (about 1.5 inch) straight stitch and pull the thread from both ends to make a bit of gather look and tie the treads. 

3. Once the flower looks good stitch a button in the center.

4. Stitch the flower to the pillow case by strategically stitching the petals in a way that the flower looks fluffy (sewing UNDER other petal to hide the stitching).

5. Sew a ribbon for the stem and cut out some leaves and attach as well.  Here I also added a pink ribbon to correct my not-so-straight seam line!

As you can see the shapes are not perfect and edges were left raw.

 In my case I had to use another back material in order to make to pillows with a soft side. I had these case with the eyelet with worked great!
 The presentation was so cute, just tied with a coordinating ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment