Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Last Minute DIY Hallowen Decor

This is EASY & TEMPORARY!!  I am not into all the big ugly "scary" Halloween decorating.  I like just a few tasteful accent pieces that show you're celebrating!  I also hate spending a lot of money on something that is usually so easily made out of pretty much anything around the house!

Here is I wanted to have a pillow with something Halloween but I didn't want to have it permanently attached to the pillow because I would then have to put it away or change the pillow case.

WHAT I DID.....

1. I went online and found a TEMPLATE (on the Images Google tab) of something I liked and printed it out, then cut the shape out.  I found this one HERE under "witch templates".

TIP:  If you do not have a printer, or ink as it happens to me often, you could just tape the paper to your screen and trace the shape right on your screen!  I do that also when the shape is bigger than my paper, so I move the paper around and trace some parts on difference spaces of the paper and then tape the shape later when I cut it.

2. I then spray painted the shape with black paint I have (I always have black, brown, and white spray paint on hand for projects) from my my local Home Depot...they're about $3.50.

 3. Once dried I sprayed the back with spray adhesive and placed on my pillow! The adhesive I used is tacky enough to stay on but you can then just remove it and trash it!

MORE IDEAS:  If you're a crafter like I am, you most likely have a ton of things you can use to make easy and inexpensive, but creative, decorations for any holiday. You can also just spray things (glass jars/bottles/vases, cans, branches, twigs, rocks, ect) in the colors of your holiday or theme!  

Have fun being a Super Frugal Domestic Diva!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment