Friday, September 14, 2012

Garden from Cuttings

I think it's safe to say that everyone loves a beautiful lush garden, right?
Below a purple Butterfly Bush started from a little branch stuck in ground two homes ago, still thrives.

This is not the best picture but you get the gist. It was planted here to hopefully cover the part of the fence that doesn't look so great. And it eventually did!
Purple Butterfly Bush grown from cutting/clippings

I know for me, gardening is a cure-all medicine.  And growing a garden is not very hard (for little or no money!), provided you have some space. 
The cutting here is on its way to blooming soon


THE STARTED PATCH:  Here my helper grandson  (isn't he the cutest!!?? I love being his "gama"!), waters what I call my 'tarter patch'.  I find a spot where the sun/shade combo is good to get plants started, then I transplant them to a permanent spot.
You never want to start plants where they get too much or not enough sun/shade.
 
If you see here, to my "gardening assistant's" left, the Butterfly Bush is starting to touch the fence


NO SPACE?  NO PROBLEM!  If you don't have ground space, try hanging baskets or potted plants near a sunny window. These tiny wonders can bring life to any space! Like this cute pot, which was stated from...clippings!


 EVERY thing below is the result of splitting, taken from another garden spot, or cuttings.
From left to right: Berries & Cream roses I got as cuttings from my mom's yard. Below that roses is Sweet William that came from seeds scattered by shaking old plants from another area of the garden. In the middle it's Garlic Chives that were split off another area where a bird actually dropped a seed I guess (not taking credit for that, other than I did not pull it out when I first saw it), and last on the right is Mexican Primrose transplanted from the front yard. They didn't always look this good, but once they took - there was no stopping them!
BERRIES & CREAM: Rose bush started by sticking a cutting in the  ground
 Next time you get together with your mom, sister, or friend - exchange cuttings, split plants or share seeds! My friends and family know that I am constantly growing things and will share my bounty with them, or they can share with me! I hope you are enjoying your garden...in or outdoors!

CHEERS TO ALL US SUPER FRUGAL DOMESTIC DIVAS!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment